After twenty years of development, the TaylorMade Stealth Plus+ Driver unveils a new technology that buries the era of titanium faces. This revolutionary design, known as 60X Carbon Twist Face, is comprised of sixty layers of carbon fiber which have been strategically engineered to optimize energy transfer and deliver explosive ball speeds. Not only is 60X Carbon Twist Face 44% lighter than an equivalent titanium face, it is also 11% larger than SIM2 and SIM2 Max drivers, and nearly 20% larger than the original SIM driver. As a result, the face is not only faster, but extremely forgiving, and capable of delivering tremendous speed across a larger area of the face.
One might think that revolutionizing the driver face would suffice, but TaylorMade didn't stop there, encasing the 60X Carbon Twist Face in a polyurethane cover featuring ground breaking nanotexture technology. Nanotexture allowed engineers to fine tune launch and spin, optimizing total distance, regardless of playing conditions, or where the ball is struck on the face.
Earlier, it was mentioned that the 60X Carbon Twist Face saves an extraordinary amount of weight compared to traditional titanium, and TaylorMade put the weight savings to great use, equipping the Stealth Plus+ with an adjustable sliding weight. Draw, fade, and neutral settings allow golfers dial in the perfect shot shape by shifting mass along the sole.
TaylorMade outfits the Stealth Plus+ with Project X's HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX and Mitsubishi's Kai'li White graphite shafts. Similar to RDX Black, the Smoke Red RDX features a stiff butt and midsection that best suits aggressive tempos, but contains an active tip section for increased trajectory. Designed in lighter weights and optimizes torques, RDX Red is ideal for a wide range of mid trajectory players. The Kai'li White is a low-launch, low-spin shaft that's designed to keep torque low under the demands of high-velocity swings. The shaft features an extremely strong MR70-reinforced tip for consistent center-face impact and tighter dispersion, while Super Low Resin Content Prepreg and an increased carbon fiber ratio generate responsive feel not often associated with low launch profiles.
TaylorMade Stealth Plus+ Driver - Premium Shaft Features:
- 60X Carbon Twist Face is 44% lighter than equivalent titanium, while also being 11% larger than SIM2 and SIM2 Max, and almost 20% larger than the SIM driver. 60 layers of carbon fiber are strategically designed to optimize energy transfer to deliver fast ball speeds over a large area, resulting in optimal distance and forgiveness
- Nanotexture Technology cover encasing the 60X Carbon Twist Face fine tunes launch and spin to optimize total distance
- Asymmetric Inertia Generator refines aerodynamics to create a slippery-fast head shape that increases club head speed for golfers of every level
- Weight saved from the carbon face allows for a 10g sliding weight that helps golfers control shot shape
- Most flexible Thru-Slot Speed Pocket engineered to maximize ball speeds and add forgiveness on low face strikes
- Launch and Spin: Mid-Launch, Lowest Spin